Friday, July 8, 2011

A Safe Place

Life as it is, falling through a tunnel of the complete and everything, I lay adrift in mid-air; as to rest in the abyss of nothing, red and black spiraling. I've come from nowhere and travel downward endlessly, an infinite journey to a deep dark nothingness. Yet, without this dark light would be inexistent, and therefore I commend the dark on what has come but a bright light flashes as if the sun hung centimeters from the earth, if I'd still even been there.

As the light dimmed a hallow of darkness followed and I know now that this is my final destination in journey of-well the journey, of what I thought to be an endless decent, now has me left out in what is dark and cold; a lonesome place nobody has dared to enter until this very moment. A moment in which I've decided to breach into the core of this hallow, just to lie here without a hint of ever needing one of my senses again. I loath just to be free of this place, it gives me nothing but a desire for more, lost in my own selfish mind, I feel as though I can rely on a single soul to lend a moment of their time to reach their arm into what they fear, in hopes of pulling me out of this, but now that I'm here the hands I once thought would reach through and save me from myself have all vanished and I'm left to call for help from a more fluent person in who's hands I would be safe, although without speaking nobody would know I've fallen into such a place that I know it is up to me to scream for help. So I let out the highest pitch burst of song I can, the walls of the hallow shattering like glass, onward I fall faster than before.

Light speed pays no competition to the rate at which I'm falling. I want to slow down, now diving through what seems to be nothing but clear blue sky, yet there are no breaks in the middle of the air so I continue to fall, then... My break comes, painfully I fell into a giant plant seemingly composed of nothing more of thorns slicing deep into my flesh. Looking around I'm surrounded as though the plant has swallowed me, the only way out would be to climb up from where I came, and so I push onward, standing up I felt the thorns tear my skin open, my blood dripping down, I grab on to the vines heading upward and out; letting the thorns dig deeply into my hands each step of the way. As I look up to the clearing I notice it starting to close, and so I push on even harder, I would have never left the hallow if I'd known this were to be my fate. Nearing the top now the thorns dig deeply into my body, stabbing into my chest and back, I drag myself up if only to free my self from them tearing across my skin like a razor blade; finally at the top I free myself from the plant as the opening shrinks to nothing. All I stand on now is a bed of thorns, that know my flesh well, and I fall down on my back looking upwards, and I smile, knowing: only I could have saved myself.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment