Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Cliff And The Bridge

I recalled my feeling when I was standing on the other side of the cliff and I was watching you smile at me. I felt so sad back then because I could not be with you. There was no bridge to get to you. So I turned to my friend and asked for help. He agreed quickly and became my bridge to get to you.

Crossing the bridge made my entire step Wave just like my heart with question, "Is this what you really want?"

I turned my face towards my friend. I looked at him with teary eyes. He held the bridge tightly so that I would not fall off the bridge. He told me not to be scared. I held my chest. I was feeling my own heartbeat. Just then I knew what I have really wanted. With complete determination, head turning towards my friend, I told him that I loved him. But it was too late. He already had someone special who would love him very much dearly other than me.

Being his friend I couldn't tear down our precious relationship...
Being his friend I let him go and be with the one he truly loves...
I let him let go of the bridge he had made for me and let it waver.

I was stuck in the middle of the bridge... I was planning on to jump off the bridge and let go of this wavering feelings of sadness and regret... And there you were holding my hands tightly not letting me to jump off the bridge. You were looking at me with those serious eyes. Those eyes let my heart swelled. They made me cry.

I cried my eyes out while hugging your soft manly body. You, the one who was on the other side of the cliff walked towards me... just to stop me.

You walked on the wavering bridge just to reach me, knowing that...it gave me hope and the will to carry on. You held my hands tightly. You gave me the strength to cross the bridge thoroughly and made me feel unbreakable.

Now I'm on the other side of the cliff with you. You looked me in the eye. You brushed away my tears. You smiled at me and I smiled back. But then what was this eerie feeling it felt like somehow you wanted me to stay by your side but then you kept on pushing me away. It made me very curious... I let time passed by to let you, yourself...to tell me all about you.

You confessed everything to me. I know now, why you kept on pushing me away.
It was because you would not want to hurt me so badly.
You would not want to break my heart, because you were the guy, who loved to mess around with other women.
You would not want me to get hurt again. So you kept on pushing me away...
You would not let me get in to your heart because you thought I was the kind of girl who was too fragile and easily to break down into many pieces.

But you were wrong.
Because of you, I'm not the same girl whom you saved back then in the middle of the bridge...
I'm not the same girl who wanted to throw everything away by jumping off the bridge.
Because of you, I have changed and lived my life to the fullest...
Because of you I have been able to smile again.

So now I want to do the same thing to you. I want you to let me in to your heart.
Would you let me change you? It is the only thing I could do to thank you.

I hope the time shall come that you would let me in to your inner being.
To help you change is the only thing I can do for you.
Even though you and I could never be together, I still hope that our closeness would last forever.
Even though I know that you couldn't look at me like the way I looked at you...
I still hope that you would, someday...

I know that as long as there is hope, I know it would come true.
I'd wish that someday you would accept my hidden feelings for you.
Let me be the key to open the gate in your heart.

I choose to pour out the love I have to shine on everyone that I meet and inspire them with my writings and/or short stories of encouragement and enlightenment. We just only started. Journey with me and experience the joy of adventures of giving love unconditionally and enjoying the life we experience in this universe we live in.
Your love for fun and for keeps...

Tiffanie King

A day in the life of Me...all my travels, adventures and all kinds of writings... You are all welcome. Feel free to follow me here:

http://raffleberry.weebly.com/
http://tahlliylicious-thoughtsofmybrain.blogspot.com/


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment