Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ella (Chapter 21, Epilogue)

THE WEDDINGS

"We can renovate the cabinet and Mary will be able to work here. What do you say, Victor?"Nora asked him, having pleading eyes.

"You must have the design goals. I recommend you to put your ideas on the paper. If you know exactly what you want, you will save some money and stress,"said Victor.

" I will renovate the house and I will build a room for Mary's dental office. Ella did the same thing for her child."

"It is not the same thing,"said Victor. "You must choose the concept, which is feasible, functional and cost effective. After that, we must draw up the necessary plan for the engineers, the contractor and the building permit application. You need a detailed drawing project and the needed specifications to get an accurate contractor, "continued Victor.

"Can you help me? I do not know if I am able to do this by myself,"said Nora.

"Do I have another choice? You must know everything about the material, the grade, the fastening method and the finish you will use. There must be no confusion about what you expect from the finished project. You must be careful when you choose the contractors, because they frequently work on several projects at the same time. When you will spell out the timing and you will order the expected progress, they will ignore you, while they will be working for someone else. I recommend you to spend your money for paying very expensive contractors,"said Victor.

"I cannot give up because I don't have enough money for something very expensive,"said Nora.

"Okay,"said, Victor smiling.

"I suppose that every renovation project is unique like you,"said Nora.

"When I don't know what to do, I always ask the right questions."

"Yes, I know that you're always right. You're a great person, Victor."

"Anyway, Mary is preparing for her wedding, so she can start working as a dentist later. Don't get me wrong, but you must finish the renovation quickly, because I have to work without being interrupted for a long time. Dusty is still a student and he needs money. Marie is retired and she has an insufficient pension for Dust's tuition."

"I will ask Alexander to send me the team that renovated his home,"said Nora. Victor didn't say any word. He was seemingly thinking about his problems. It was the middle of the day and he finished to eat his lunch. She was sitting on a chair at the same table and she was playing her keys with her fingers. She thought that it is so ridiculous that the vision of her daughter's life is in her hands. Down in the spaces between the keys, she could imagine a new golden one.

"I have always admired your family. You have always encouraged me to go along with the problems in my life,"she continued to say.

"I want to go with the flow now. I cannot fight against it. Marie's life is very important to me. She cries at night before getting her medicine, but she's a little better than before. The cause of her disease is clearly stated."

"I'll pray to God to strengthen her and to ease her pain,"said Nora.

Mary's bride dress and Dan's tuxedo were very important. They had bought those wedding clothes six months before the event, because they needed time for any alteration. Preparing the food was one of the biggest parts of the wedding. The food was very expensive. Dan and Mary tried to find a less expensive place that offers decent meals.They waited a little long to book a good minister, because they had to book two weddings at the same time. This waiting period gave them the opportunity to make the necessary changes. They ordered their invitations, enclosures and envelope seals. The invitations were made of pink paper having attached big red hearts on them.They used golden letters. They made the reservations for the dinner, the hotel accommodation and the welcome gifts. They chose a restaurant nestled on a lake, because it offered wonderful shorelines, lighthouses, music festivals, art galleries, unique gift shops, wineries and a wealth of dining experiences. They spent their time for ordering the bride's wedding gown, the groom's attire and the personalized accessories for their mothers, fathers, wedding attendants, for flutes, cake serving set, guest book, pen, garter, the unity candle set, the coordinating photo albums, the wedding programs, the ring bearer pillow for the bride and the groom's rings. They ordered the flowers for the bride, the groom and the wedding party. Danielle was assigned to give the guests the wedding programs and to invite them to sign the guest sign-in book. A lot of rose petals were spread on the floor of the church.

When the first wedding began, Dan's mother was accompanied down the aisle to the first pew by the groomsman, who was a family member. Dan's father followed her from behind. Louise, Dan's mother, approached the altar together with Nora for lighting the family candle, prior to the entrance of the wedding party. Louise returned to the receiving line for greeting her guests and introducing them to the bride and her family.

"Let me stand between you two. This is the tradition," told Louise to Nora and Mary.

Considered as one of the seven sacraments, the wedding ceremony was full of deep spirituality and rich symbolism. The wedding began with an opening prayer told by the priest, who mentioned the names of the first couple and asked God for blessings. The family members read a few Biblical passages, which were selected by Mary and Dan and approved by the priest. That moment was followed by a short sermon about marriage, which was given by the priest. The entire congregation stood up and the couple took their vows to declare their commitment to each other.

"I promise to be true to you in good times, in sickness and in health. I will love and honor you all the days of my life,"said Dan.

"I promise to be true to you in good times, in sickness and in health. I will love and honor you all the days of my life,"repeated Mary.

The priest blessed the couple, joined their hands together and asked Dan,"Do you take Mary as your lawful wife to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?"asked the priest.

"I do,"said Dan.

After that, the priest addressed Mary the same question about Dan and Mary answered,"I do."

Dusty gave the bride's ring to the priest, who blessed it and handed it to the groom to place it on Mary's finger. Mary said,"I take this ring as a sign of my love and faithfulness in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit." Then, Roxanne, the maid of honor, handed the groom's ring to the priest, who blessed it and handed it to the bride to place it on Dan's finger. Dan repeated the same words.

The ceremony concluded with the nuptial blessings and the final prayer of the priest. He told the congregation, "Go in peace with Christ." Then, Mary placed the roses on the shrine of the Blessed Virgin Mary and the musicians played "Ave Maria."

After that, Tom and Susan entered for their wedding ceremony. When Mary saw that Susan was approaching the shrine being led by her father, she understood that she became a married woman. The moment of her marriage wasthe most important moment of her life. Nora embraced her and began to cry.

''' We have gone through a lot of things together, but each experience has made us stronger than before and even more in love with each other.

We are also so grateful for all the love, all the kind words and the joy that all of you have been shared with us. It has deep moved us and it filled our hearts,"said Dan, having an emotional voice.

If you have a wedding theme, it must match the food. This real helps to get a great feeling and to keep the flow alive. On top of this, you must have a lot of drinks. After all, there should be a lot of dances at the wedding and you must have a lot of stuff for people to drink and to dance. The most important part of the wedding is the music. You can just hire a wedding singer or a wedding DJ to play the music. Without good music, the wedding is not a real party. The same importance has the wedding party favors. This is a chance to thank everyone for coming. A lot of people do not think that the wedding party favors are a big deal, but this is a reason for the people to go to a wedding.

Mary, Dan, Susan and Tom arrived at the reception location dressed up for their wedding party. They took some drinks and got into the positions to receive and to greet their guests. They invited them inside, where they had drinks and hors d'oeurves.After finishing the receiving line, the new couples invited the wedding guests into the party room. They had their first dance, which was followed by some speeches. Before the wedding dinner to start, Dan's father had a toast for the happy couples. The reception echoed the religious ceremony in style and decor. The venue set the tone for the background. Their wedding stylists have elevated the wedding reception to a high level of opulence. The weddings were dripping in flowers, shining with lighting chandeliers and making the eyes to sparkle in front of the luxury decorations. The dance floors and the food stations were very well placed in the wine cave reception. Everything from the ceiling to the floor was unique in style and arrangement. Adding elements like candy bars, cigar bars and photo displays made the reception to be fitted for the couples.

"My husband and I are real gourmets and I think that we appreciate food more than other people. It is very important to have only qualitative food and wines at the wedding, "said Mary.

"Indeed, the food is very good,"said Danielle.

"I want to play the chicken dance,"said Ben.

"You must wait,"said Dan.

It was amazing, when Theodore danced with Mary. Susan danced with her father, Dan with Louise and Tom with Susan's mother. At that moment, all the guests' eyes were on them.

"Tom and his mother dance very well,'said Roxanne.

"Don't you know that Tom's mother died when he was six years old?"Danielle told her, looking like she was very surprised.

"Why did she die?" Roxanne asked her, while she was having a very sad expression on her face.

"She had cancer,"said Danielle.

"Then, who's the person he is dancing with?" asked Roxanne.

"Where have you been? That person is Susan's mother!" Danielle told her, being visibly astonished.

"Don't ask me," said Roxanne smiling. " Mary is my dearest friend and I didn't miss her wedding ceremony."

"You should have stayed to see Susan's ceremony, too. It was great,"said Danielle, being really afflicted."I thought I'm your best friend."She left Roxanne and went to take a glass of wine.

"What happened to you?"Ben asked her.

"Nothing important, Roxanne hurt me. She's hypocrite,"said Danielle.

"Maybe she's drunk,"said Ben.

"She doesn't really love Dusty.She needs to be someone, that's all."

"Try to be more understanding. She is your friend,"continued Ben.

"She's a very temporary friend."

The reception games created a playful, fun atmosphere. After the meal, there were some speeches, which were said one after the other. After one hour, they cut up the big cakes. Then, it was the moment for everyone to dance.

"What I liked the most was the love demonstration between the brides and grooms in their first dance together,"said Amy.

"They were so sweet together. I remember when I was a bride, Amy. It was such a special moment. Nothing can be compared to that special moment,"said Samantha.

"We are old women now, Sam. Can you imagine this? How quickly time passes!"Amy said.

"John is old, Amy, and he lost his good looks, but he loves me very much. I realized that the older people feels deeper their love than the younger persons. Danielle is young and ambitious and she needs us very much. I think we wouldn't have become so close, if I hadn't given birth to Danielle,"said Samantha.

"She's a fine girl. By the way, I love Mike and I think that our feeling is very deep because we couldn't have children. When I told him about not being healthy enough to have kids, he understood me. That moment I realized that he was capable of love and he just didn't love anyone,"said Amy.

"Yes, Mike is a very special person. I respect him a lot,"said Samantha.

The bouquets draped down about five inches of their vases. The lights were low. There were small twinkle lights in the ceiling. The yards of tulle draped the ceiling to give the illusion of a starry sky. Roses were seemingly tucked on the perimeter of the room.

"I enjoyed the trio that played for us during the dinner. They were just perfect. The dance was fun. I had fun watching everybody having a good time,"said Marie.

"They played a variety of music that all ages could enjoy and appreciate. It's always great at a wedding to see the real elder folks doing their amazing waltzes and two-steps.There's nothing more beautiful than a couple, who has been dancing for twenty years together! People love to dance and to watch others dancing,"said Laura.

"How do you feel, Marie?"Samantha asked her.

"I have a weakness, a loss of feeling in arms and legs. Quite often, I have difficulties in walking, but I can manage myself. If I take the medicine, I will feel better. Dusty needs me and I want to stay alive for him. Victor is a very understanding husband. I think that if he hadn't loved me so much, he would have been capable of leaving me,"said Marie.

"He would never leave you,"said Laura."By the way, Daniel had left me for a while, but he understood that his family is more important than anything else in this world and he has returned home. I think that trying to be a good father is a very important state of mind,"said Laura.

"He didn't get enough love else where and he came back to you because you love him very much,"said Marie.

"It is still very hard for me to accept that he left me for someone else. I have never betrayed him,"said Laura and she had tears in her eyes.

"Look at the brides, they are both so beautiful,"said Amy.

"What are you doing here, girls?"Nora asked them."Come and dance. Where are your husbands?"

"You didn't see the brides tossing their bouquets,"said Ella.

"Who caught Mary's bouquet?"Marie became curious.

"Roxanne caught it, can you imagine someone else?" Nora said, being a little malicious.

"I imagine that Danielle caught Susan's bouquet,"said Amy.

"No, it was a young girl, who is dressed in red,"said Ella.

"I invite you, ladies, to see a very special moment,"said Theodore.

Dan and Tom flung the garters of their women. It was amazing. The both young women were very sexy in their white dresses.The late-night buffet started right after they toss their bouquets.

"How is your life with Theodore now?"Samantha asked her.

"Well, what can I say? It's the same old story. Maybe nothing will be perfect between us ever, but we can try to understand each other.He lived many years alone. Sometimes, it is very hard to understand him. I have accepted my resignation. He is the father of my child and he is a very intelligent man. Unlike Michael, he is very wise and he has a lot of faith in God,'said Nora."Now, he looks like the happiest father in this world."

They searched their husbands and they found them toasting.

"To the happy couple, may their happiness be complete, their marriage be very long and prosperous,"said John.

"Let's proudly raise our glasses to the brides and grooms,"said Victor.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like you all to join me in wishing Dan and Mary, also Tom and Susan, the very best for their future. I hope that, when they look back years from now on, they will realize that - this day they loved each other the most,"said Theodore.

"It is a real honor to be here today celebrating these marriages,"said Klaus.

"First, let me start to say that Mary looks absolutely beautiful today and it is a real pleasure to welcome her into our family. I begin to think about Dan and what he means to me. I realize that I need to tell him that I love him and I will always support him in everything he chooses to do. I keep so many memories with him being just a little boy. Now, when I am looking at the man he has become, I swell up with pride being able to call him my son, "said Dan's father.

"I've learned to be a better person because of him. I've learned the patience and to be an understanding person. I've learned the strength, the loyalty and love. Dan brings them into his new life with Mary," said Dusty.

"Mary, I ask you to take care of him and to love him because it is the only way Dan knows to be,"continued Dan's father.

"This is a very important moment for my life. I have dreamed of this moment for years. I have never imagined that a guy could be good enough for my daughter. Tom has proven himself to be a wonderful man. I know that Susan and Tom will be happy together,"said Susan's father.

"Getting married is a big commitment. Over time, the differences between them shrink and the marriage grows rich. They are on their way to a future wealthy in happiness,"said Daniel.

On the other hand, their speeches and toasts got the attention of the listeners. They wanted to express their emotions. Those remarkable speeches spellbound all the listeners, because they were full of real love and meaning.

Michael had a glass of wine in his hand and he stared into a corner, where Laura was discussing with a very beautiful lady, who was complete dressed in red. He approached Laura and expressed his desire to get acquainted with the beautiful lady.

Emma was tall, brunette with big blue eyes. That young woman had a glacial beauty. Laura explained Michael that Emma was a writer and they have just successfully negotiated the publication of one of her books. Emma was wearing a long red dress, black velvet shoes and black lace gloves. Michael was watching her being enchanted by her majestic appearance.Michael asked her to dance and she accepted immediately. Michael kissed her hand with elegance and began dancing with her dance after dance, until they disappeared together in the blackness of the night. The wedding games began and Alexander was looking at Mary. She was trying to move the egg up to one leg of Dan's pants and over to the bottom of the other pant leg, forcing herself not to drop the egg. Everyone was laughing.

Alexander stood up and headed to the bar near the dance floor, where Lisa was drinking and talking with Sam.

"Excuse me for interrupting you."

"That's no problem, we may continue after that,"said Lisa.

"Do you know where Michael is? Now, he is in a very bad situation and nobody seems to care about him. He was very kind to come here. I want to talk to him."

"Does anyone care about him? "Lisa continued to be indifferent.

"Do you want to dance?"Sam asked her and he took her hand in his hand.

"Of course,"said Lisa.

Alexander was surprised and he stood in that place for a few seconds to take a long look at their dance.

"What happened, my love?"Ella asked him approaching to take him home.

Alexander turned back and embraced her.

"I must call Michael,"he said.

After a few minutes, he began to talk with Michael on the phone.

"Where are you?"

"I'm with Emma in the restaurant across the street.We are talking about the publication of the book.Do you want to join our discussion?"

"Not necessarily, all I wanted to know is that you are okay. You were pretty quiet this evening."

"I'm okay. Nora will never recognize, but she needed me to be there. I feel exhausted with those weddings. I only need to take a deep breath."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye."

Alexander turned to Ella and said,

"It seems that I will never be able to know the real Michael. Let's go home, Ella. The child does not sleep without us and your mother must definitely be desperate."

Alexander stopped their car in front of the house and Ella got out of it and went inside.

"Emmanuel, where are you? "Ella said.

He rushed down the stairs and jumped in her arms.

"I'm here, mom. I was waiting for you all the night,"said Emmanuel.

"But why don't you try to sleep? I'm always backing for you."

"I know, mom, but I waited for you to come to tell me a fairy tale.You know that I cannot sleep without it,"continued Emmanuel.

"Oh, look at my big boy; he still wants to listen to fairy tales,'' exclaimed Ella, tenderly kissing him.

EPILOGUE

Ella, suddenly, waked up to a falling sensation and a strong muscle twitch. Michael asked her,

"What's the matter, my darling?"

"Where is Alexander?"

"My dear, I told you so many times that Alexander died ten years ago. He had a heart attack and he fell down the stairs. He suffered a catastrophic head injury and he was taken to the hospital in a hurry, but it was impossible to be operated because he was on blood-thinning drugs. He died two days later. Try to remember, my love."

"Where is Emmanuel?"

"Emmanuel is at the hospital. His wife is struggling to give birth to her child."

"I should be there, too."

"You can't be there, because of your illness. You've got Alzheimer."

"What time is it?"

"It's five a.m. and you always wake up at this hour to ask me the same question. I still don't know why, but I will know some day."

They both fell asleep. The space was full of strange creatures, which were swimming all around her. They stretched out their hands to assist her in rising and they disappeared. She woke up at this point being really confused. She compared her dream with her life.

"Our inner selves are in a continual work to progress. This transformation is constantly and under construction. Our bodies are our personal homes and they are housing the true selves of our spirits contained within during our time on this Earth," she said.

Ella wakes up, all of a sudden, looking very sad. Alexander asks her,

"What happened, my darling?"

"Where is Michael?"

"I don't know.Wait a minute. Don't you think...?"

"Oh, it was only a dream. Where is Emmanuel?"

Alexander holds her and tenderly kisses her.

"Well, my love, we are ready to climb the mountain.Get dressed as fast as you can. We must go."

Ella washes herself and dresses very quickly.

"I'm ready to go.'"

They arrive at the mountain and they begin to climb it. They arrive in a sheepfold and the boy drinks a cup of goat milk.Alexander tells Ella that he wants to climb the mountain to pick up some white edelweiss flowers for her.

"Actually, I need to be there from time to time,' he says.

"I know, my love."

"Daddy, daddy, take me with you! I want to pick up a flower for mom, too," said Emmanuel.

"When you will be a big boy, I'll take you. "

"I thought I have already grown up enough to do this."

"We can climb together to the waterfall.There is our secret chalet and it is hidden in the mountain. There you must wait for me together with your mommy."

Ella watches him climbing the mountain until Alexander disappears into the fog. She knows that he will be back soon with that edelweiss.

"Do you know who Prometheus is?" Ella asks him.

"No, mom, be kind and tell me," says Emmanuel.

"Prometheus is a name. What means a name? It can mean nothing. But that great man, the son of Zeus, was chained on the mountain."

"Why was he chained?" The boy asks his mother.

"Zeus wanted to know how it was possible for Prometheus to steal the fire from him. What was the secret of his child? So he asked the eagle to eat his liver, because this was the greatest torture Zeus had ever known. He wanted to force Prometheus to tell him the truth about his secret, but Prometheus never told him. Heracles delivered him from those real chains, but his great secret helps him to get free from his own spiritual chains from time to time. At that moment, he comes into the world to become a simple man like your father."

"I love my father.I know that I am like him. Some day, I will find my own way," said Emmanuel.

"Don't forget that we are Christians, my dear," said Ella.

The end

Author -Marieta Maglas


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment